Friday, October 22, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 6

Right after that sweet moment, we started eating dinner. It was a bit weird because it felt like we were starting to get to know each other.
We talked about a lot of stuff – family, friends, ourselves, and some other things. The night was ours. We didn’t notice how deep the night was. When we were done with dinner, Jazz went inside the car. I thought he was up for something, and I wasn’t wrong. He put a CD inside the player, then a ballad from my favorite band, Train, started playing.
When it rains
it pours and opens doors
and floods the floors
we thought would always keep us safe and dry
He came to me and asked for my hand, a gesture a gentleman would do when he wants to dance with someone. Without hesitations, I held his hand with all the love I have for him. He then wrap his other arm around my waist while I held onto his broad, masculine shoulder. We’re on a waltz position as we dance to the song.
And in the midst of sailing ships
we sink our lips into the ones we love
that have to say goodbye
And as I float along this ocean
I can feel you like a notion
that won’t seem to let me go
The song perfectly described our most romantic moment. I rested my head on his chest as he kissed my hair. I love that electrifying feeling. He wrapped his arm tighter, more of like hugging me as if there’s no tomorrow. The song continued.
When I look to the sky
something tells me you’re here with me
and you make everything alright
And when I feel like I’m lost
something tells me you’re here with me
and I can always find my way
when you are here
Since the day we became a couple, I was never lost because of him. I always find myself in the right direction. He’s like a lamppost guiding me through from the darkest corners of the streets. I knew Jazz was the one for me. He was designed for me – was destined to find me. And here we are, dancing to one of the best songs in time – sharing the sweetest moment of our lives.
And every word I didn’t say
caught up in some busy day
and every dance on the kitchen floor
we didn’t have before
and every sunset that we’ll miss
I’ll wrap them all up in a kiss
pick you up in all of this when I sail away
and while I float along this ocean
I can feel you like a notion
that I hope will never leave
I can feel how he loves me, how he cares for me. Honestly, it scares me at all because I might grow, getting used to it… but at the same time, it makes me feel good. He gives me happiness – total happiness, I should say. He hugged me and I hugged him back. We were at that scenario for a while. We’re not dancing anymore, but the song went on.
Whether I am up or down or in or out or just plain overhead
Instead it feels like it’s impossible to fly
But with you I can spread my wings
to see me over everything that life may send me
When I’m hoping it won’t pass me by
He held my shoulders and stared straight into my eyes. Then he playfully sang a part of that song.
And when I feel like there is no one that will ever know me
there you are to show me
He was teary-eyed, but his eyes were full of compassion… full of happiness… full of love. As the chorus of the song kept playing, he cupped my face with both hands, still gazing into my eyes. I looked at him and felt magnified with his facial expression full of emotion.
“I love you, babe” he uttered.
“I love you, too, hon” I replied.
He kissed me.
…to be continued
PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: