Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 54

It’s been three months since Nikki left. Nobody really knows where she went. I found it hard to believe at first. I don’t know how many times I went to her office to ask if she’s back already. I even asked her best friends Grace, Stephanie, and Erica about her but they all gave me one answer – she’s nowhere to be found.

One day, I decided to go to Nikki’s office to inquire about her whereabouts. I asked her secretary Christina if she knows where Nikki is, but she won’t tell me anything. She just said she doesn’t know Nikki’s location.

I sat down at the waiting area, just a couple of feet away from Christina’s table. After a while, Erica came. I was wondering what she was doing there. She approached Christina as she talked to someone over the phone.

“Yes, I’m already here at Christina’s desk. Okay, wait.” It seemed like the person on the other line was instructing Erica something.

“Christina, Nikki needs you to be reminded of last month’s financial statement to be sent to her email today. Also, you need to call Isabelle and ask her what are the materials needed for the next fashion show. She might buy those stuff in Venice,” said Erica.

I cannot believe I heard it right. Nikki is Venice, Italy. I approached Erica to confirm what I just heard. She was so surprised to see me that she almost dropped her mobile phone. I held her by her shoulders.

“Erica, I know that you know where Nikki is. Can you please tell me where she lives in Venice? Please?” I begged her.

“I-I-I cannot tell you about that, Steve,” she said.

“Please, Erica. I’m dying to see her. You don’t know what I’m going through right now. Please.”

“I really can’t tell you, Steve.”

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because I promised Nikki that I won’t tell you anything about her.”

“Please. I’m already begging you. C’mon, Erica. She’s four months pregnant now. I badly need her. Please.”

She looked straight to my eyes and was trying to examine if I was telling the truth. She then sighed.

“Okay, here’s her address. She’s already in Venice, Steve. Let her live peacefully.”

“We will live together harmoniously, Erica. I promise you that.”

“Just don’t hurt her anymore, Steve, and love her the way you’re supposed to love her.”

“I will really show her what love is,” I told Erica. I took the paper she was holding earlier. It had Nikki’s name and address. I, then,dialed an important number.

“Hello, I need you to book me a flight to Venice, Italy. Yes. That’s today. It should be today. I’ll pay through my credit card. Alright. Thank you,” I was excited to see Nikki.


…to be continued


PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: