Friday, October 22, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 14


“Is everything okay?” Stephen snapped me. I could see how amused he was. Despite of it, his manliness stood out. In fact, he stood out every guy in the restaurant. He was wearing a blue-colored long sleeves paired with slacks and black Armani leather shoes. Ever wondered how i found out the brand? Let’s just say I’m a fashion magazine contributor cum part-time model… and I guess I memorized every logo in the fashion industry already.
“Oh, yes. I’m sorry. I was taken away by your stories and I was imagining things.” I lied. I hoped he’d buy it.
“What things?” oh my. He didn’t buy it.
“Just things. Silly things.” I smiled. “Let’s finish this, shall we?” then I took a sip of my Chateau Ste Michelle wine.
“Okay” I know he wasn’t satisfied with my answers. I could tell by the way he stares at me. It was as if he was waiting for me to explain further.
After we finished dining, I asked him if we could go home but he insisted. He said he’d take me some place very important to him. I refused at first but he succeeded in the end.
“Where are we really going?” I curiously asked as I got into his car.
“Some place,” was his short reply.
“Won’t you tell me ahead?” I asked.
“No. It’s a surprise,” he was serious with his expression. I didn’t mind at all. From then, we were silent as he started the car engine.
We were very quite inside the car — well, except for Babyface singing “What If” in the disc player. Moments later, something struck me. After half an hour of traveling, I found myself in a very familiar place. How can I forget?
Slowly, the memories came back to me. These were not flashbacks anymore. It just came to me in a very odd way.
The road we are taking right now is the same one Jazz and I took on our way to the cliff during our first anniversary.
…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: