Friday, October 22, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 15



I was in a confused state, trying to figure things out.

“Who the hell are you?” I asked him. I felt cold sweats on my forehead. Stephen didn’t answer. He kept his mum.

“Stop the car!” I protested. “Pull over!” I shouted, but Stephen continued driving, this time faster than the way he drove awhile ago.

“I said pull over!” I yelled at the top of my lungs, but it’s as if he didn’t hear anything.

“Please! Stop! Pull over!” I was already crying.

Suddenly, he stepped on the break, then the car stopped. I almost hit my head on the dashboard, but it didn’t matter to me anymore. I was already crying — crying, because I was confused… because I have no idea what Stephen is trying to do… because I don’t know why he’s doing all of this… because the painful memories came back to me… because I’m still in pain — yes. I’m still in great deal of pain right after the tragic event.

*** FLASHBACK ***

I was a little bit groggy and dizzy and my visions were blurry. I couldn’t figure out what exactly happened. One moment, I saw lights blinking then the next moment, I saw people surrounding me. They were talking and it seemed like they were in adrenalin rush.

Suddenly, I lost my consciousness.

I woke up in a white room with machines around me. There were beeping sounds, but I ignored it when my eyes noticed the person sitting on the couch. It was mom. I tried to move but when I made an attempt, everything in me sore. I was in pain. Mom rushed to me.

“Nikki, don’t move. You have to rest for now.” mom was very worried. I could tell it from her voice. She was practically trembling.

“What happened?” I asked.

“You and Jazz had an accident. It was very terrible,” mom answered. I can tell she’s in pain. Who wouldn’t be?

“How’s Jazz? How is he? Is he okay? Where is he now? I wanna see him,” I went hysterical. As much as I wanted to go out and see him, I can’t because I can’t move my entire body. Mom tried to stop me from getting up.

“He will be okay. The doctors are checking up on him every once in a while. He also has to rest, just as much as you need to have,” mom explained.

I wanted to believe her that Jazz is going to be okay, but somehow, there’s a part of me saying that things will not be good at all.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: