Friday, October 22, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 16


I went back to sleep and took my mom’s advice to get some good rest.
When I woke up, my dad was already there talking to the doctor. I asked mom to get me a glass of water because my throat was starting to dry up.
“Aside from the minor injuries that were caused by the accident, she’s definitely fine. She can probably check out four or five days from now, if she recovers fast,” explained the doctor to my dad.
“Doc, what about my boyfriend? How is he?” I butted in.
He looked at my mom then to my dad. Mom came to me with the glass of water and tried to help me to drink from it.
“He’s going to be okay. We’re doing our very best on him. He’s still under observation but he’s recovering. We’ll give you further updates soon.”
Somehow, I felt relieved. The doctor continued talking to my dad before he went out. Then, dad came to me.
“How are you feeling princess?” dad asked. He was a bit worried.
“I’m fine dad. I’m really sorry for all of these troubles,” I felt guilty of the accident that had happened.
“It’s not your fault. It’s nobody’s fault. What happened was an accident. It wasn’t your intention nor Jazz’s”
Dad’s words brought me to tears. I kind of felt how much he loves me as his solo child.
“Don’t cry now. Everything’s going to be fine.”
“I just felt stupid right now, dad… and I’m worried about Jazz. What if he’s not okay? Dad, I’m scared.”
“Don’t be scared, princess. Things will be okay. Let’s just pray for his recovery, alright?”
“Dad, I wanna see him. I want to hold him. I want to know if he’s okay. I want to let him know how much I love him,” I cried over my dad’s arms. He hugged me and gave me comfort.
“You will see him when you’re feeling better. For now, you get some good rest and take your medicines regularly. The doctor already assured us of his safety. I saw him myself. He’s doing good with his recovery.”
“Is he awake, dad?”
Dad sighed for a moment. Silence filled the room, then suddenly, mom spoke.
“He’s still asleep, Nikki. He’s getting some good rest, which you also have to do. You need to get well very fast so you could see him and hug him and kiss him and tell him how you love him, alright?”

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: