Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Bridal Misfortune 4

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I - I - I was here for an interview," I answered. I was starting to get scared with the authority in his voice.

"Interview?!" he exclaimed in disbelief.

I thought I had to fire back. I should not be intimidated by him. I shouldn't be scared of him regardless of his position in the company.

"Are you hard-of-hearing? I said I was here for an interview, and you detaining me here wouldn't be of any help! I'm late, so I better go now!" I yelled.

"Interview for what?" he asked.

"Well, I don't think I'm here for a press conference. I'm here for a job, of course! What are you thinking?" then I paused after I realized that this guy might be the person who would interview me. "Wait. You don't happen to be the interviewer, right?"

"No?! Hell, no, of course! Do I look like an interviewer to you?"

"Well, you could be." I stood up. "Since you're not the interviewer, I might as well leave you here because I am more than dead to stay for a chitchat, which I am not interested of, actually. Time is gold, and I have to make use of it!"

"Wait!" he held me, this time it wasn't a tight grip. It was like he was handling me with care.

"It's me..." he said, softly. "Justin, remember?"

"Not really," I said, amusingly. "I don't think we have met before. Uh-uh. I don't know you. I'm really sorry mister but I have to go. If you please..."

...to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: