Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Bridal Misfortune 7


I thought I was already having a good day. Everything seemed to be perfect. I left for work early to prepare the business report for the stockholders. Things were doing great. I was able to convince the stockholders that we open up a second location for The Island Paradise. Although, it wasn't easy being the CEO and the president of the company that my dad had established, I am having a great time throwing words with the stockholders, who - at this point - are more interested of becoming famous like a Hollywood star rather than earning from their investments. They have filled me with hard work, especially after what happened to me two years ago.

As much as possible, I don't want to talk about it anymore, but I guess it's already a part of letting go and moving on.

Two years ago, I was supposed to marry the woman of my dreams. I loved her like I've never loved anyone before. She was the only one that I loved. She was my life.

She stood 5'7" tall, Margareth caught my heart right away the moment I set my eyes on her. It was a dinner party - an anniversary celebration for the hotel that I had opened. Yes, The Island Paradise. SHe was one of the models that made the TV commercial for my hotel. Although, I have already seen her numerous times on TV, magazines, and print ads, I was like starstruck when I saw her in person. She was the most beautiful I have ever seen.

She was taking a glass of champagne offered by the waiter when I decided to approach her. Everyone in the party seemed to be very busy and so I took the courage to talk to her.

Margareth was very friendly and lovely... and of course, beautiful. She seemed to be so fragile. She has a very enigmatic, yet fulfilling smile. And her brown eyes laugh along with her chuckles. Her skin looks delicate that it makes me long to touch it. To sum it all up, she was irresistible. A beauty for keeps. What I liked so much about her was her ability to bring good conversations. Everyone must agree that women find it hard to keep conversations on track, especially on first encounters. But Margareth was a pro at lengthy talks. She looked like she's having a great time with me... and she looks delicate. She bites her lower lip when she feels anxious with the discussion, and brushes her fingers softly against my skin when she's having a good laugh. Everything that evening was magical.

The next thing I knew, we were both naked in my bed. I was on my back, facing the ceiling, catching my breath. She, then, turned her back on me. I hugged her and cuddled her close to me.

"Lovely," I whispered in her ear. "I love you."

I put a soft kiss on her nape.

"Hmmm," was all she said. It wasn't totally what I expected but I still smiled. I closed my eyes and imagined what could possibly happen to both of us.

"Let's go to sleep, Benedict. It's late now."

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: