Monday, October 1, 2012

The Bridal Misfortune 6



I hurried to get to the elevator as ‘Justin’ chased me. He kept calling me by a different name but I continued ignoring him. It wasn’t me after all. It was all but a miracle when the elevator door opened as I approached. I went in and pressed the ‘ground’ button, closing the door, leaving Justin behind. He sprinted, but he did not make it. The door shut and I smiled in relief. I had enough humiliation so I decided to call it a day.

What a waste! I said to myself. I thought of going home and not pushing through the application. Maybe, they’d call me back when they realize that I have not gone to the interview yet. I hoped. Somehow. On the contrary, I thought of it – everything that had happened on that day – as a blessing. I couldn’t figure out how to work with a psycho like Justin. He scared the hell out of me when he dragged me to his office. Seriously, I almost fainted earlier. The thought of him suddenly kissing me felt like hell.

Or maybe I was overreacting. I must admit, he kissed nice. Okay. He was good. I mean, the kiss was good – but not him. What kind of a good guy who would kiss a girl out-of-the-blue? The enrage I felt earlier poured over me again, and I thought of punching the walls of the elevator, but then I just kept it to myself. I could feel the CCTV staring at me like I was a criminal on the loose.

The voice prompt had said that I was already on the ground floor. I rushed out of the elevator as soon as the door opened. I hurriedly went out of the hotel. On my way, I bumped into a tall guy wearing a gray suit. I was about to apologize to him when, on my earshot, I saw Justin. Instead, I gave the guy an apologetic smile. I saw his expression full of surprise. I thought he would say something when he opened his mouth halfway, but no words came out. I suddenly felt an adrenalin rush when I could already hear Justin calling out.

“Hey! Wait up!” Justin yelled.

I ran as fast as I can. I know I looked horrible, running out of the hotel but I don’t have a choice. I have to get rid of him, as soon as possible.

“Benedict,” I heard him say. “What are you doing here? I thought you’re supposed to be in client meeting now?”

I didn’t hear the other things they talked about because I already got inside the cab waiting outside the hotel. I looked at both guys as they looked at me. I told the cab driver to drive away. Fortunately, the driver politely followed what I just told him. As the cab was getting away, I looked again to the guys’ direction. My jaw dropped when I realized that they were brothers, judging from the way they look and the features of their faces.


It was a good thing that I got rid of them already. I would never set foot to that hotel again, ever – or maybe soon enough for them to forget me.



PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: