Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 58

I’m on my final semester of my pregnancy. It wasn’t a difficult one. I had been constantly communicating with my OB-GYN and had been following her instructions and advices. It was a healthy pregnancy. I had been eating all organics and minimized my intakes of food with preservatives and artificial minerals. I took lamaze and yoga classes for pregnant women.

They said, being pregnant is difficult, especially if you have to deal it on your own. For me, it wasn’t that difficult at all. I took my pregnancy with positivity. I know it could’ve been different if Stephen was around, supporting me. But, it wouldn’t be this fulfilling if I’d continue depending on anyone for most times.

It’s already 8 in the morning. I woke up with a very light feeling. I’ve never felt such lightness before. I took a short shower and head to the supermarket to buy groceries. I had fun watching people walking around as they look at me with amusement. People have been telling me I look good with my round tummy. Truth is, I find those compliments very encouraging. It’s not that I’m being boastful or anything, but I didn’t let myself be out-of-style even if I’m pregnant. I always make it a point that I still look good even without my make up. Everyone knows a pregnant woman has to avoid cosmetic products.

I was going around the grocery store when suddenly, I saw a familiar face. My heart pumped so fast. I recognized the face so easily. I had battling thoughts inside my head. Should I approach that person from afar? Or should I take a different direction and avoid that person? Finally, I decided to go to that person and have a small talk.

“Reese?”

She turned around and was surprised to see me. She was pushing a cart while wearing a baby carrier.

“Nikki?”

“Yes. Hi! How are you? When did you have your labor?” I asked.

“J-just last month. When are you going to have yours?”

“I’m due next month. Baby boy?” I smiled.

“No. A girl. Isn’t she cute?” she moved a little closer for me to see the baby.

“She’s lovely. She looks so much like you.”

“Thank you,” she said.

“You’re here for a vacation?” I wondered.

“Yes. What about you? I heard you were gone for almost year now.”

“Yeah. I’ve been here since last year. I took a crash course in fashion for about four months,” I told her. “Are you here alone?”

“My husband Steve is here. We had to buy groceries for my baby and other basic needs.”

“H-how are you and Stephen going?” I asked hesitantly.

“Oh, my husband’s fine. He’s been a good dad to my daughter. He’s here. Steve!” she called someone from behind me. I froze for a while. I don’t think I’m ready to see Stephen with my condition right now. Is it because I still haven’t moved on?

…to be continued


PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: