Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 57

Venice

I went home with a heavy heart. I was able to find the address that Erica gave me. I thought I would be able to see Nikki again, but then, I was wrong. I found out Nikki had left. The landlord didn’t know where she went. I don’t know how I could find her. Perhaps, I won’t be able to find her anymore. Maybe, it’s true what they say. You can’t find a person who doesn’t want to be found.

After everything that had happened, I thought I could end up happy with Nikki. I wish to explain everything to her, but I won’t be able to do that anymore. She’s gone with our baby. I wish I could have done more to make her stay, but it was all too late.

I left Venice with disappointment. I wish to go back to my hometown and wait for Nikki to come back. It won’t be easy, but it’s the only thing I could do for now.

I know it would be very hard to accept that she’s gone, but the thought of her having our baby is the only thing that I could hold on to. Someday, I would be able to see her again. By then, I hope to show her my love and would be able to fight for her.

*****

New York

It wasn’t easy to tell mom and dad that I’m pregnant, but I was glad that they accepted it with a light heart. Dad was happy for me and was very much excited about it. Mom, on the other hand, was a little dramatic, but she was very certain that I’d make a good mom.

I didn’t expect that they’d accept it that easy. As they said, I’m of the right age to become a parent. After all, I have been a responsible daughter to them.

I explained everything about my pregnancy and didn’t hide anything. I didn’t miss a single detail about it. I told them everything they have to know… about Stephen, Aaron, Mark, Reese, and the whole thing about my trip to Venice and why I decided to stay there until the baby is born.

“So, you’re going back to that place after you deliver the baby?” dad asked.

“Yes, dad. I will be gone for a year. I don’t know how my businesses would do while I’m gone. Although, I have good people who take care of the businesses for me, but I have other things to take care as well,” I answered.

“We understand. Are you going to visit us in Paris?” mom asked.

“Maybe, mom. I am not sure yet. I will be taking a crash course for four months in Venice. I don’t think I’d still be able to travel by the time I finish my course. Besides, I will be due around that time.”

“Okay. Well, if that’s the case, then we’ll be the one to visit you in Venice instead of you seeing us in Paris. I have not gone to that place for a while. I guess visiting you there won’t hurt much. Would that be okay with you?” dad suggested.

“Of course! That would be great dad. I could show you around Venice. It would be like a family bonding for us. It would be different when you’re around.” It had been awhile since we went out of the country as a family. Ever since my parents decided to stay in a different country, we weren’t able to go together. We could take this opportunity to bond.

My plan of staying in New York for a month didn’t push through. I had to go back to Venice to take care of some things. I only stayed in New York for two weeks since I still have to see my doctor. Besides, traveling by plane when pregnant is very difficult and is prohibited. I don’t want things to complicate.

When I get back to Venice, things would go back to normal. I won’t have worries anymore. I know Stephen would have already left when I get back. He doesn’t have to know anything about me anymore. I know I’d be able to raise my child well.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: