Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 56

I finally arrived in New York. It was a frustrating ride, but I can finally breathe now. Stephen won’t be able to follow me. I knew he’d be looking for me once he finds out where I was, and I wasn’t wrong.

Erica had told him that I was in Venice. She’s my best friend, but I know Erica so well. Being a romantic-movie fanatic, I know she’d spill it. It’s just a great thing that Stephanie warned me about Stephen’s plans.

I took a cab going to Aunt Alice’s house. I had told her that I’d be coming to New York and had to spend one month here before going back to Venice. I didn’t tell her the reasons why. I just told here that I will be having a month-long vacation.

Finally, I arrived at Aunt Alice’s house. I knocked on the door thrice before I got a response.

“Nikki? Baby? Is that you?” It was mom. It had been a long time since we saw each other. I was surprised to see her.

“Mom! You’re here! I thought you’re in Paris?” I hugged her. I missed her so much. The last time I saw her was when I went to Paris two years ago. I was so occupied with work after that. “Is dad here, too?”

“Yes. He’s in the backyard with your Aunt Alice and Uncle Gene for the barbecue party. You look so fine. I miss you so much, babe.”

“I know. I miss you, too.” Mom helped me with my things as we entered the house.

“Who is it, Emma?” someone asked.

“Dad!” I run toward him. I gave him a tight hug. He braced his arms around me, too. We were on that gesture for a while. I admit, I am a “daddy’s girl”. I miss my parents so much. They’re the only family I have.

“I miss you, my little princess. How’re you doing? W-what are you doing here?”

“I’m great dad. I’m here for vacation. What about you? I thought you’re in Paris?”

“We thought of visiting your Aunt Alice. It’s been awhile since the last time we were here in New York. We even thought of giving you a surprise by visiting you in your place,” mom said.

“Oh! I’m currently in Venice right now,” I told mom and dad.

“What are you doing in Venice?” dad asked.

“I had to take care a few things. I’ve been studying new materials for the clothing line and I think I will open a new boutique by next year. So, it’s somewhat a preparation.”

“Oh. That sounds great. How long are you going to stay here?” dad guided me to the backyard. Aunt Alice and Uncle Gene was there. I gave them hugs and kisses before I answered dad.

“Well, I will be staying here for a month.”

“That’s good. That means we could spend more time with each other,” said mom.
I paused for a while. I thought of my pregnancy. Maybe, this is the right time to tell them about it. They all have the right to know.

“Dad, there’s one more thing you need to know,” I said. Maybe, I sounded too serious that Aunt Alice and Uncle Gene stopped for a while in preparing the barbecue grill.

“What’s that, princess?” dad asked.

“I-I-I’m four months pregnant, dad,” I said.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: