Friday, October 22, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 10


I took out my Blackberry and dialled his number right away. As I listen to his ringback tune, my heart was pumping with both excitement and nervousness.
I had grown impatient as I listen to his ringback tune. He didn’t pick up, so I tried to call him again but still, I didn’t get any answer. So I decided to text messaged him, told him it was me, and asked him if he could give me a callback.
I went inside my bedroom and tried to fill my gym bag with clothes when suddenly, my phone rang. I ran to pick up the phone. It was Stephen. I registered his number in my phonebook right after I got the note.
“Hello?” I excitedly answered.
“Hi, sweetheart. How was your sleep?” he asked.
“It was great, but when I woke up I thought you already left me.”
“Well, I just came home to take a shower and change. I’m sorry if I didn’t wake you up. You were in a great sleep and I didn’t want to disturb you. Did you have breakfast already?”
“Done. I went to Starbucks with Stella for breakfast.”
“Good. By the way, I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to answer your calls earlier. I was in the shower when my phone rang like crazy.”
“It’s okay.”
“So, what are you doing right now?”
“I’m getting ready for my workout. What about you?”
“I’m getting ready for office.”
“Office?”
“Yes. I have a board meeting today. I guess I’ll have to call you back later. I’ll be late for work now.”
“Oh! Okay then. You take care.”
“You do the same. I’ll pick you up tonight at 7, okay?”
“Alright. I’ll see you later,” then I dropped the call. I sheepishly smiled as I think of how I reacted right when I woke up this morning.
I filled my gym bag with my stuff then I went out to start my daily workout.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: