Friday, October 22, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 11


I chose Diane von Furstenberg’s Carmona lace dress I bought at Saks Fifth Avenue when I went to New York last month. I complemented it with a pair of Jimmy Choo’s Nina Patent sandals.
I spent about half an hour in front of the full-length mirror looking at myself. I just finished putting on my makeup when I heard someone on my intercom. It was Stephen.
“Hi Nikki. Are you ready?” He asked. He called me by my nickname. Nicole is my first name.
I opened the door and greeted him.
“I’m ready. I was about to text message you. Come in.”
“Thanks.”
“Would you like anything?”
“No. I’m Fine. Shall we?”, he took my hand as we walked out of the door.
A few moments later, we were in the parking area. He led me to his black SC-430 convertible Lexus car and opened the door for me.
“Thank you” I smiled.
“You’re welcome princess.” he smiled back at me.
We were on the highway when suddenly, his phone rang. He looked at the screen and was hesitant to answer it at first, but I encouraged him to do so and told him that I wouldn’t mind at all.
“Hello? Reese? What’s going on?”
For one moment, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop at all, but somehow, after I heard a woman’s name, I can’t help but listen to everything Stephen says.
“Right now? I’m out having dinner with someone. I can’t talk with you right now. I’ll just get back to you when I have the time. No, no. That can’t be. Reese, we’re over okay? We’re not suppose to see each other anymore.”
Wait. Over? Did I hear it well? He just said they’re ‘over’. That means, the girl he’s talking to is his ex-girlfriend.
“I’ll just see you tomorrow and talk things out. I have to go because I’m driving. Bye!”
I looked at him and found the irritation on his face. He just smiled at me and touched my cheek.
“That was my ex-girlfriend. She wanted to see me tonight and talk about our past relationship, though there’s really nothing that we need to talk about. I’m sorry.” He was very apologetic and sincere as he explained things to me. Somehow, he foretold how puzzled I was right after he got that call.
“It’s okay. It didn’t bother me. Besides, you really need to talk to iron things out.”
“Thanks. We’re here.”
We stopped by an Italian restaurant in the downtown area.
…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: