Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 35

“George, I need the report of last month’s financial statement. Can you give it to me tomorrow?” George was my senior finance manager.

“Yes, of course. I already prepared them for you Nick. In fact, I can have Grace send the papers to your office later.”

“That’s great, George. Thank you. Isabelle, get everyone ready for the rehearsal tonight. I might drop by and check everything, and oh, I added Cassie on the list. Had she told you about that?”

“Yes, sweetie. I had her listed,” Isabelle smiled at me. She’s one of my closest friends and the most responsible one, though, sometimes she has the tendency to be short-tempered.

“Well, that wraps it up. We’re adjourned. Thank you for coming guys.” I looked at my watch. It was already 6:15PM. The meeting took awhile than what I expected. All of a sudden, my phone began to ring. I tried to see what it was and just who I thought, it was Aaron. I answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Nikki! Are you still in the office?”

“Yes. The meeting just finished. I’m about to go now.”

“Okay. I’ll just pick you up.”

“It’s okay, I have my ride and besides I have to go home and change.”

“You, don’t have to change, Nick.”

“Well, if you insist. I’ll wait for you here in my office.”

“Okay. I’ll see you in 15 minutes.”

“Alright,” then I hung up. It seemed like I regretted the time I agreed to have dinner with Aaron. Actually, I don’t want to be associated with him in any way, but for old time’s sake, I had to do it. There’s nothing wrong with it any way.

I went to my office and reviewed some files. Not so long, I heard a knock on my door. It was Christina, my former receptionist and my new secretary. She informed that Aaron had arrived and was waiting for me at the lobby. I told her to let him wait for one more minute since I had to organize my stuff before I leave the office.

I placed my paperwork on my folder, plugged my laptop and my PC off, and tried to fix myself before I went out. Indeed, Aaron was patiently waiting outside my office. He was wearing a business suit. He looked like he came from the seminar he was attending before picking me up.

“Shall we go?” I asked as I smiled at him.

“Sure,” he smiled back. His charm still hasn’t changed. He still looked as good as our college days.

“I’m sorry if it took you a long time to wait for me. I was fixing some stuff in the office,” I explained to him as we head to the elevator.

“It’s okay. I never mind waiting for you,” he gave me a very meaningful look as he smiled at me. 

It’s actually true. I could remember how he patiently waited for me in college whenever we had to go some place… but the way he said it was like double-meaning. Could it be that Aaron is eyeing for a second chance? Will there be a second chance for us? What about Stephen? We haven’t seen each other for days now. I wonder how he’s doing. He hadn’t bothered me lately.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: