Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 34

I never thought I’d realize about me and Stephen. I mean, we really didn’t talk about our relationship… and that’s what’s bothering me now. After that yelling incident, I made so many realizations about him. I’ve not known him that well. I do not know what he’s capable of doing. I don’t know where to put myself. Basically, I am not sure of our status.

We’ve not talked about it and it’s starting to cut me. It’s been three days since the last time we were together. He’d been text messaging and calling me, but my alibis were all the same. I got myself occupied with paperwork and business.

I badly wanted to see him and tell him how much I missed him, yet a part of me tells me to evaluate our status.

The ‘yelling incident’ was not of a great deal, I know, but it woke me up to a realization wherein I had to secure myself before committing myself to someone whose geneology was, somehow, connected to my past.

Knock, knock

The door of my office opened. It was Cassandra, my secretary.

“Ms. Nikki, a certain Aaron Daniels wants to have a word with you. Shall I let him in?”

“Where is he?” I asked. I was surprised by an unexpected visitor.

“He’s right at the lobby, ma’am. Shall I call him, now?” Cassandra smiled at me. That’s one of the nicest thing I like about her. She’s very polite and charming. She’s got the looks. I wondered if she could work for me as one of my models. I own a modeling agency, apart from being an events organizer and a partner of an apparel company.

“Sure. Let him in, please. Thank you, Cassie” I smiled back at her.

“Okay, ma’am,” she turned her back and was about to close the door when she returned, “by the way, ma’am. I just want to remind you that you have a 4PM board meeting today. Should I call the members to confirm their schedule or would you want to have it re-scheduled so you could accommodate Mr. Daniels more?”

I looked at my table clock. It’s already 3:10PM. I thought it wouldn’t take long for Aaron to see me, whatever it is that he’s going to talk about.

“Call them that the meeting will push through at 4PM sharp. I will see them within an hour. And Cassie, please go to Isabelle. Tell her that I would want to see you on the ramp tonight at the rehearsals. Thank you.”

“Excuse me? You want me to see on the ramp tonight, ma’am?”

“Yes. I’ll get you as one of my models. You’ll make a good one. Tell Isabelle to get you ready for the summer collection fashion show next month. I’ll have Christina replace you as my secretary.”

“Thank you so much, ma’am. I’ll call her right away. Thank you,” I could see the excitement from her face. I was very sincere when I told her she’s gonna be a good model someday.

Not so long after Cassandra left, the door slowly opened and Aaron popped. He was wearing a business suit and a file case was on his right hand. He was smiling.

“It’s nice to see you Nikki. It’s been a while. How are you?”

“I’m great, thanks. Grab a seat. What brought you here?”

“I just got off from an important meeting. Remember, I told you about the seminar that I’m attending? We’ll, it got extended. I’d probably stay here for a couple more days.”

“I see. How was your stay here, so far?”

“It seemed like a lot of things has changed since I was here for college. Anyway, I came here in your office to ask you for a late lunch. I wish you wouldn’t refuse this time.”

“I wish I could, but I have a board meeting at 4PM. How about dinner? I’d be free tonight.”

“Sure. Dinner won’t hurt. Hahaha. I just want to catch up with you.”

“Hahaha. You sure will. The meeting might end at 6, so we can have dinner by 7PM,” I suggested.

He smiled. I could tell he was happy because I accepted his invitation.

“Okay, then. I’ll see you at 7. Do you wanna meet at The Rose Garden? I’ve heard they serve good food there.”

“Sure. Yeah, they have great food there.”

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: