Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 33

Stephen and I were both silent as we walked to the parking lot. He never spoke a word. I didn’t know how to start a conversation. Maybe, he’s just not in the mood for a conversation.

When we got into his car, he started running the engine. As we took the road to my place, we were still both quiet. After a while, his phone rang.

“Hello,” he answered. “Reese, she’s fine. Thank you for checking up on her. Please, stop calling me… What? Why? I guess there’s nothing for us to talk about.” He paused for a while, trying to listen to what the person on the other line was saying.

“What? Are you kidding me? That can’t be real!” he looked at me. His face looked worried. “Are you serious on that?” sweat started to build up on his face. “No. I’m not going to see you… Don’t you dare do that,” he warned. I was puzzled with their conversation. “Okay, I’ll talk to you about that. I’ll tell you when I could see you. Bye,” he immediately hung up. He looked at me for the second time. Worries were painted on his face. He then took his attention to his driving. He was silent again.

“What’s wrong?” I wasn’t able to help myself but ask. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing,” was his short reply. I know something is going on, but he’s trying to hide it.

“C’mon, hon, tell me. What’s wrong?”

“Nikki, there’s really nothing to worry about, okay?” he tried to smile at me.

“I think there’s really som-”

“I said there’s nothing wrong!” he yelled at me. That was the first time I saw anger in him. It scared the hell out of me. He pulled over and tried to calm himself. I was in shock. It never occurred to me that Stephen would yell at me for nothing.

I looked at him and before I knew it, tears were running on my cheeks.

“I’m sorry,” he said in very low voice.

I looked away and cried in silence. I didn’t respond to him.

“Babe, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I shouldn’t have shouted at you. I’m sorry,” he took my hand and kissed it.

“Let’s go. I want to rest,” I told him. I really felt bad with his reaction when I asked him what went wrong. He just gave me a big sigh and started driving. We didn’t talk until we reached my place.

When I got to my pad and laid on my bed, my phone beeped. It was a message from Stephen.

Babe, I’m really sorry ’bout awhile ago. I didn’t mean to yell at you. I hope you’d forgive me. =(
I didn’t reply to his message. There are really a lot of things that we are yet to figure out Steve, I thought.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: