Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 32

Stephen kept looking at me. I could tell he was worried. Every time he gives me a glance, I just flash a smile to assure him that I’m okay.

We were already at the Home Depot. Reese kept pointing at stuff and ask our opinion on the furnitures. Stephen effortlessly answer her. I could say he wasn’t comfortable with Reese around, so I acted out to save him. I held my forehead and acted as if I’m having a headache.

“Are you okay?” Stephen asked.

“I guess I’m having a migraine,” I lied.

Reese approached us. She was looking for a good bed when I started my act.

“Are you okay, dear?” Reese asked.

“Not really. I think I’m having a migraine. It’s very painful,” I told her.

“Do you need to rest?” she asked again.

“I need to drink my medicine,”I said.

“Okay. I’ll take you home. Let’s go,” Stephen offered. He held my arm and stood me up.

“I’ll go with you,” Reese volunteered. She was very ecstatic about it.

“You don’t have to. We can take care of ourselves. You better finish whatever there is that you have to do.”

“No. It’s okay. I’m already done here. I can go with you.”

I looked at Stephen. It seemed like he was trying to control his patience.

“You don’t have to Reese. Some other time, maybe. We need our ‘alone’ time. So, I hope that’d make it clear for you.”

“Okay, then. But if you need my help or anything, you could call me. You know how to reach me, Stephen,” she smiled. Then, she turned her back on us.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: