Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 36

It didn’t take us long to reach The Rose Garden. I found out Aaron had already reserved a table for us. His old ways never changed. That’s how he is when it comes to things like that. He always make sure that everything is at its right place.

Our table was right in the corner of the restaurant. I had been there before, but I didn’t realize it’s a French-Italian restaurant. The waiter took our orders and left.

Aaron and I were having a conversation when a certain woman caught my attention. She was wearing a black satin dress. She looked beautifully stunning as she entered the restaurant.

What really took my breath away was the sight of a very familiar face. My heart stopped for beating all of a sudden. I was like gasping for air.

“Nikki, are you okay?” I looked at Aaron. He was a bit distracted with my expression. I feel like I’m about to faint.

“Uhmm. C-c-can w-we transfer t-to another place?” I didn’t answer his question. I was stuttering.

“W-why? Are orders are already coming. Are you not feeling any better? I can ask to have it packed instead,” Aaron was very calm. He took my hand and felt my forehead. He thought I was having a fever. I tried to close my eyes for a moment. When I opened it, I was very certain that the familiar face was Stephen’s. I saw him stood up as he pulled a chair for Reese, the woman in the black satin dress. Reese was all smiles. She was very graceful as she sat down on the chair. A waiter approached them. The way I see it, the waiter was taking their orders.

“I’ve changed my mind. Let’s stay here,” my heart was pumping so fast. I can’t describe the emotions I’m feeling. It’s like my heart is in a race. I’m becoming furious with the thought of Stephen going out with Reese without my knowledge.

So, this was what’s all about. After a couple of days of not showing up at my doorsteps, this is all I see? I felt like my blood’s flushing through my head.

“Okay. If that’s what you want. Just tell me when you’re not feeling well, alright, so that I could send you home,” it’s pretty obvious that things weren’t clear to Aaron yet. He didn’t notice how I gave Reese and Stephen the meanest look I could give to someone. He’s being unfaithful, I thought.

Now, I’m starting to hate a lot of things about us. I hate the fact that I gave myself in easily. I hate that I trusted him at about everything. I hate that I let him take my heart. I hate the fact that I love him. I have learned to love him. And now, it’s him that I hate most.

How could he do this? After all of the revelations he did and the promises he made? How could he made me look like a fool? Without saying a word, I took my bag and stood up.

“Where are you going?” Aaron wondered.”Would you wanna go home?”

“Yes. I feel sick.” I told Aaron. He looked down and frustrated.

“Alright. I’ll send you home so that you could rest,” he tried to smile although I know he felt bad for my sudden departure. He waved at the water and left a thousand bill on the table. He stood up and held my arm as we walk toward the exit door.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: