Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 37

“Where are you going?” Aaron was puzzled.

Instead of heading to the door, I turned left and took a couple of steps before I reached to where Stephen and Reese were.

They both looked surprised as I stood in front of their table. None of them tried to speak a word. I wanted to cry but I held back my tears.

“Nikki, let’s go,” Aaron lightly grabbed me by my arm. I shrugged him off. I looked at Stephen. I was trying to look for words to tell him, but when I couldn’t find any, I turned my back on them and walked away. I felt like running on my way out of the restaurant.

“Nikki, wait!”

It was Aaron running after me. I didn’t listen to him. I just want to go home.

“Nicole, listen!” I felt chills all of a sudden. I knew it was Stephen, but I ignored him, too. I continued walking until I got out of the diner. Suddenly, a tight gripped grabbed me by my arm. I don’t know how I did it, but I let go of a forceful slap as I turned to the person who grabbed me.

It landed straight into Stephen’s face. That was when I let go of all the tears I was trying to hold back.

“You said you’d never want to hurt me”

“I’m sorry”

“Is that all you got? Try harder!”

“I tried calling you and sending you text messages, but you never answered. I thought you ditched me just because I yelled at you the other week. It wasn’t my inten-”

“You could’ve showed up at my place for me to know how sincere you are. I may be too demanding or bratty, but sending me flowers could’ve done it! Or yet, a little postcard would make it, but none of those happened,”

“So, my effort of calling you didn’t matter at all?” he began to raise his tone.

I started to wipe the tears on my face.

“All I want is for you to make me feel important… that I mattered to you, but it’s like I am nothing to you! I waited for you to show up at my place or pick me up at work, but you never came!” my eyes started to get teary again. “Yes! You messaged me! You tried to call me! But are those enough to make me feel like yours? Those mattered to me, but you could’ve done better than that, Steve.” I said as I lowered the tone of my voice.

“You should’ve told me you want it that way!”

“You should’ve googled the way to my place! I can’t believe you, Steve! I can’t believe how stupid I was to fall for you!” I was starting to cry again. “I can’t believe how I’d given myself to a total stranger – to someone I just met in a bar! I didn’t know it’d be too hard for you to do those simple things, yet it was too easy for you to go out with your ex without minding our problem.”

“You didn’t even tell me that you’re going out with that guy!”

“Don’t turn the table Steve. It’s not about me, this time. It’s about you and that woman you were with!”

“Why is it all in me?” he asked.

“Why can’t you say you love me?” I asked him back.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: