Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 44

It’s my best friend Stella’s farewell party. She’ll be leaving for New Zealand next week. Stella, Stephanie, and Erica already knew about my pregnancy. They were happy at the fact that I’m gonna be a mother after nine months, but at the same time they were sad at the thought that Stephen’s going to be married with Reese.

“Where are you? We’re here near the bar,” it was Stephanie. She called me. I just arrived at The Avenue. We decided to have the party at the place since Grace co-owned it. I was standing at the door, trying to look for the girls when all of a sudden a guy bumped into me. I clumsily dropped my bag on the floor. Some of my stuff were scattered.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to,” he dropped on his knees and helped me pick my things up and gave it to me.

“It’s okay. Thank you,” I said. I smiled at him to let him know that it was just okay.

“I’m really sorry,” he apologized again.

“It’s just okay, don’t worry,” I said.

“I’m Mark,” he extended his arms right after we gathered all of my stuff and stood up.

“Nikki here. I’m pleased to meet you”

“Same here,” he smiled at me.

“I have to go,” I said as I saw Stephanie approaching us.

“Is everything okay?” she asked.

“Yes. Just a minor accident, no injuries,” I wittingly said. “This is Mark. Mark, this is Stephanie. They said ‘hi’ at each other.

"Let’s go. They’re waiting,” Stephanie said.

“Alright. Mark, I’ll go ahead.”

“Okay. Thanks, Nikki”

Stella, Erica, and Grace were anticipating of my arrival. They were very excited to see me. As usual, we hugged and kissed each other. We went from being jolly to being emotional, since Stella is leaving and we won’t be seeing her for quite a while. Everyone was very watchful with what I eat because of my pregnancy. It was quite awkward, since they’ve been becoming more protective than usual. It was awkward, but I find it very sweet.

These girls are the only family I got since my parents are already living in London. I only get to see them once a month. I wonder how mom and dad would react if they’d find out about me being pregnant.
After a while, we all decided to part ways. We cried for a moment and then we said our goodbyes.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: