Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 45

“Are you gonna be okay here? Would you want me to stay for a while ’till Aaron comes?” said Erica. Of all the girls, she was the most concerned of my pregnancy and the most excited, I guess.

I called Aaron and told him that I need to see him. I’m not sure if I’m going to tell him, but I just wanna see him right at the moment. I guess I miss him a bit.

“Yeah. I will be okay. You better get going. It’s already 9PM and Harry is already waiting for you. Don’t make him wait too long,” I smiled at her.

“Okay then. I’ll see you next time,” Erica said, then we kissed cheek to cheek.

After she left, I got a text message from Aaron.

Sweet, can we meet at The Red Queen? Would you be okay with it? I’ll be troubled with the traffic if I’d see you at The Avenue.

Sure. I’ll see you in a while. I replied. I got my bag and stood up.

Just as I was about to leave, Mark suddenly came up to me.

“Hi!” he greeted.

“Hello,” I smiled.

“So, you were here for a farewell party, I guess? All of you were very emotional awhile ago”
It was a bit awkward. I didn’t know he was looking at us while we were having fun.
Mark looked friendly. As I see, he stands 5’10″. He’s good-looking, much like of a boy-next-door type of guy. He looks clean and fresh.

“Yeah. My friend is leaving for New Zealand. How about you?”

“I was here for business and I came here to see my friend. I’ll be around for two weeks.”

“Oh! I see. Did you enjoy your stay here, so far?”

“Yeah. The place is very lovely. I was wondering, do you happen to know someone named Stephen Daniels?”

I froze like something struck me. How could he know Stephen? How is he related to him?

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: