Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 46

“Why would you wanna know? How are you related to him?” I asked. I was very curious about him. It wouldn’t be impossible if he’s Stephen’s cousin. He’s actually good-looking like Stephen.

He smirked. He’s probably thinking I was weird.

“No. We’re not related by blood. We used to be close friends. I was wondering if you know him. I need to talk to him. I’m not sure if I should tell you this, but we had a little misunderstanding before he came here. I thought of talking to him in a civil way.”

I nodded my head as a sign of understanding, although some things weren’t clear enough. I wanted to ask him questions, but I might appear weirder.

“Yes. I know him,” I said.

“Do you know how I could contact him or see him?” he asked.

“I am not sure how, but I guess you may try giving him a visit here,” I handed him Stephen’s business card. He was happy to receive it.

“Thank you,” he said.

“No problem,” I answered. All of a sudden, my phone began to ring. It was Aaron.

“Excuse me. I have to take this call,” I told Mark.

“Sure,” he said.

“Hello?” I answered the call.

“Sweet, where are you? I just got here at The Red Queen. Are you on your way?” asked Aaron.

“I’m still here at The Avenue, but I’m on my way out. I’ll be there in 20 minutes,” I told him.

“Should I order for you?”

“No. I’m still full. I’ll be with you in a while,” I said.

“Alright. I’ll see you. Drive safely, okay?”

“Okay, I will. Don’t worry,” then I hung up. I turned to Mark and said my goodbyes.

“I have to go now. Somebody’s waiting for me,” I told him.

“Okay. No problem. It’s really nice meeting you Nikki. Thank you for this,” he waved the business card I gave him.

“No problem, Mark. It’s nice meeting you, too”

“I wish we could meet again some other time,” he smiled.

“I hope so, too.”

“Thanks for being nice. I owe this one to you.”

“No biggies, Mark. I have to get going now.”

...to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: