Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 47

I turned my back on him and head for my car. Things are still puzzling my mind. Why is he looking for Stephen? I wish I knew why. I started to run the engine and head to The Red Queen restaurant. I got there in less than 20 minutes. Aaron was waiting for me at a table near the entrance. He offered me a seat. He gave me a sweet smile.

“Did I make you wait that long?” I asked.

“No. I know you so well. When you say 20 minutes, it’s less than that,” he smiled.

I smiled back at him. He called the waiter and ordered food for us, although I told him I won’t be eating anymore since I already ate with my girl friends. After the waiter got his order, Aaron’s facial expression suddenly became serious. I was surprised.

“Is there something you need to tell me?” he asked.

“N-no,” I stuttered. I don’t know if he knows about the pregnancy already, but I’m thinking he has suspicions. “I don’t think there is any.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, why?” I asked back.

“I talked to Sandra yesterday after I saw you at the hospital. She’s a childhood friend. She told me about everything,” he held my hand. ” You don’t have to lie to me Nick. I already know about it.”

Tears fell from my eyes. I didn’t know I wasn’t hiding from Aaron anymore. He was very supportive all along.

“I’m three weeks pregnant,” I told him. “…with Stephen. But don’t tell him please. He doesn’t have to know about it. “

“Why?” he asked.

“Because he’s getting married with Reese and I don’t want to ruin it in any way.”

“He has the right to know, Nick”

“And he has the right to be at peace, Aaron. I don’t to be a wrecker of some sort, you know.”
He sighed. Then, he wiped my tears away. He stared at me and said,

“I’m willing to take it as mine, Nick, as long as you’d give me the chance. I still love you and that’s the reason why I chose to be back and stay.”

I didn’t say a word… maybe because I really got nothing to say at all. But he continued,

“I want to be by your side all the time. Just let me prove to you that I can still love you like I used to. Just give me a chance and I’d do everything for you,” he gave me his sweetest smile and held my hand.

“Are you willing to give us a chance? I promise I won’t hurt you anymore. Are you willing to love me again?” he asked.

“I can try,” I answered. He was all smiles. I am not sure what exactly I was doing, but I find security with Aaron. I know love may come in the long run.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: