Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 48

“What about the baby?” I asked Aaron.

He smiled at me and held my hand, giving me comfort.

“I am willing to be the father of the child. I am willing to do anything for you, Nikki,” he said.

I have mixed emotions. I didn’t know what to do. Aaron finished his meal before we left the place. He sent me home to make sure I’ll be safe.

“I’ll see you tomorrow at the same place,” he said.

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow. Take care,” I kissed him on the cheek. It’s the most I can give him for now. He gave me his sweetest smile.

“Take care, Nikki. I love you, no matter what,” then he left.

The next day, I went to work early. When I got into the office, I saw a bouquet of flowers sitting on top of my table. I read the card inserted in it. It was from Aaron. The note read,

I’ll see you later at The Red Queen. Take care, hon.

It gave me a smile. I got my mobile phone and composed a message.

Thank you for the flowers. I loved it. I’ll see you later.

Not so long when I got his reply,

Your welcome, hon. I love you.

I want to tell him that I love him, too, but I can’t lie to myself. I know I still feel something for Stephen. It’s just that, it’s not right anymore.

I got busy with a lot of paper work and other stuff. The fashion show is fast approaching and I need to work on some things for it. Time passed by so fast. I left the office early because I still have to meet Aaron for dinner at The Red Queen. After dinner, we decided to go to the mall to buy some stuff.

As excited as me, Aaron bought some baby stuff even if it’s not the right time yet. As we tour around the mall, I was surprised into someone I just met. It was Mark.

“I’m here to kill time,” Mark said.

“Oh, I see. Mark, this is Aaron, my boyfriend. Aaron, this is Mark. He’s new in town. I met him during Stella’s farewell party.”

Aaron nodded his head and offered his hand for Mark to shake.

“It’s nice to meet you, dude,” Mark said.

“Same here. So, you’re new in town?” Aaron asked.

“Yeah. I’m touring myself around to be familiar with some stuff. I’m trying to figure things out by myself since I don’t know anyone here yet,” Mark answered.

“Really? You might want to sit down and have a drink for a while.”

“Sure. I’m fine with it.”

“I would have to send my girlfriend home. She’s pregnant, so she can’t stress herself much.”

Mark just smiled at me, so I smiled back at him.

“You know what, you go ahead and have some fun,” I told them.

“But what about you, hon? You left your car in your office,” said Aaron.

“I’ll be fine. I’ll take a cab to the office. I’ll just call you when I’m home already.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I will be fine. Don’t worry too much.”

“Okay, then. I’ll pick you up tomorrow. Let’s go to the doctor for another check-up.” Aaron kissed me goodbye.

“Okay. I will see you tomorrow. You both take care. Enjoy your evening.”

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: