Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 29

“A-aaron?” I was shocked to see him right outside my door.

“Hi Nikki! How are you? It’s been so long the last time I saw you.”

“I-i-m… I’m great. How about you? W-what are you doing here?” I was stuttering as I talked to him.

“I’m great, too. I just got here. I’m attending an important seminar for two weeks here and I thought of dropping by and pay you a visit. Can I come in?”

“Oh! I’m really sorry Aaron. I-I’m going somewhere. I’m – I’m really sorry.”

“It’s okay. My fault. I should’ve given you a ring before I dropped by,” he was apologetic.

“It’s nothing. You can drop by some other time. I was really about to go when you rang my door.”

“Okay. Can I have your number so I could inform you if ever I’m coming?”

“Sure. Just don’t forget to mention your name or I won’t honor it,” I flashed a little smile.

“Some things never really change,” he smiled back. “Are you going ’cause I can give you a lift and drop you wherever you might want to go.”

“No. It’s okay. I’m expecting someone to pick me up. Thank you.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll go ahead, now. Thanks. I’ll see you next time.”

“Alright. Have a great day!” I closed the door right after he left. Not so long after Aaron left, the doorbell rang again.

“You forgot something?” I thought it was Aaron, but when I opened the door, Stephen was there in front of me.

“Forgot what?” he asked.

“Oh! I thought it was Aaron.”

His eyebrows met and he looked at me suspiciously. Of course, he was dumbfounded as much as I was disconcerted myself.

“Is the guy I met in the elevator Aaron?” he asked me in a skeptical way, which bothered me a lot.

“Yes, he’s my ex-boyfriend,”

“Is he checking up on you?” was his follow-up question. I really don’t know what to answer. If I’d say ‘yes’, that’s definitely gonna blow him off. If I’d say ‘no’, I might sound too defensive. Darn it!

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: