Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 28

After that emotional evening, everything between me and Stephen had changed. For a week, we’ve been constantly going out, yet no one ever mentioned anything about Jazz or about that dreadful evening. Things between me and Stephen went well.

Toot-toot, toot-toot

My mobile beeped. When I opened it, it was a message from Stephen.


I’ll see you in an hour. Take care. I miss you.

It simply gave me a reason to smile. What I felt for Stephen the first time we met grew into something deeper. He makes me happy and it’s enough reason for me not to worry about anything anymore.

I dialled his number. It made three rings before picked up.

“Yes, sweetie?”

“I miss you, too.”

“You called to tell me that? That’s sweet. I’ll pick you up for lunch, okay?”

“Alright. No problem. Where you at?”

“I’m in the office. The meeting had just finished. I’m available till 3PM for another board meeting. So, I’m all yours in between,” he chuckled.

I thought it was double-meaning, so I gave a soft laugh.

“Okay. I’ll wait for you. Take care.”

“You do the same,” he said before I hung up.

I took a shower with contentment. Stephen is going to pick me up for lunch and I had to get ready. I took a shower for 30 minutes. I got dressed up right away. I sported on a pink tee and a mini skirt. After getting dressed, the doorbell rang. I hurriedly went to the door to open it. I thought it was Stephen, but when I opened the door, I was surprised to see my ex-boyfriend, Aaron.


…to be continued


PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: