Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 30

“Is he checking up on you?” was Stephen’s follow-up question. I really don’t know what to answer. If I’d say ‘yes’, that’s definitely gonna blow him off. If I’d say ‘no’, I might sound too defensive. Darn it!

“I don’t think so. He said he just came to visit. He’s here for a two-week seminar,” I explained. “Shall we go?”

I closed and locked the door. He held my hand as we walked to the elevator. When we got inside the elevator, he looked at me, then he spoke.

“Everything between us is starting to matter to me now. I hope it mean something to you. You’re becoming one of the most important things to me and I’ll never let go of that.”

I was speechless. I didn’t know what to say. Suddenly, he lifted my chin and lowered his face. His lips touched mine and we kissed. He never kissed me that way. It was very compassionate – full of emotions. Could it be that he’s already fallen for me? We’ve never really talked about relationship status, but whenever I am with him, I am happy.

“Thank you for making me happy,” I finally said.

“I wish to do more,” he smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

And I wish you’re not doing this only because you’re doing Jazz a favor, I thought. That thought makes me sad every time.

We were on the highway when his phone began to ring. He looked at the screen and was disappointed to see who it was. He canceled the call but it began to ring again. Finally, he answered.

“What now, Reese? Yes. I’m with her. What for? I’ll see if she has time. No, I don’t think so. She’s a very busy person, unlike you. No. I’ll talk to her. You don’t need to do this, you know. You don’t have to. Yes. Okay. Bye.”

“Who was that?” I asked him even though I knew who that girl was. She’s his ex-girlfriend and she’s been calling him since he got here. I wonder what she wants from him.

“Oh, that was Reese. She’s been bothering me all these times. She wants to meet up you and I told her you might not be able to do that”

“Why not?”

“She’s a total mess. She might be up for something. Why? Do you wanna meet her?”

“Well, if it’d be okay, sure. I’d be glad to see her.”

“She said she’s coming to town. I don’t know when, but I don’t wanna be associated with her in any way.”

“Why not? We can be friends with her.”

“Well, I don’t want you to be friends with her. My relationship with her was a wreck…” he paused. I felt the pain he was feeling. Something about Reese that really bothered him so much.

“She slept with my bestfriend during our engagement party.”

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: