Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 41

Two weeks had passed since that incident. I’ve been very busy with work, so time flew like nothing. It also had been two weeks that I didn’t see Stephen. He’d been calling me and sending me little postcards, apologizing about what happened, but I didn’t send RSVP.

Aaron, on the other hand, had been constantly communicating with me. The last time we talked, he excitedly told me that he’d be staying a little longer because he has been promoted as the operating manager of their newly opened store branch in our area. He promised to treat me to dinner if he’s not that busy with his projects anymore. We’ve been having fun together despite what happened between him and Stephen.

I heard a light knock on the door.

“Ma’am, someone wants to see you,” it was Christina.

Since I wasn’t doing anything at the moment, I didn’t mind to ask Christina who it was. I was also thinking that maybe it was Aaron because he regularly visits me in the office at this hour. But when the door opened again, I was surprised to see Reese.

“Hi! How may I help you?” I greeted her. She ignored me. She didn’t smile at me.

“I need you to do me a favor,” she said.

"What favor?” I asked.

“I want you to leave me and Stephen alone. Stop seeing him. I don’t want you to go near him again.”

I raised my brows. Something’s wrong with this scenario. I tried to grin, showing her that what she’s asking was way too much.

“How dare you ask me a favor like that? I’ve not seen him for weeks now. You shouldn’t have bothered coming here for such thing.”

“Ha! Liar! He came home late last night. He was drunk. He told me you were together.”

I tried to keep my cool with her nonsense.

“Your boyfriend’s delusional! I already told him to get out of my life. How could I see him last night when I was having dinner with Aaron?” I lied with the last part. Truth is, I was at the rehearsal for my fashion line’s summer collection launch. I told her I was with Aaron because that’s the best thing she would bite.

“You better tell your boyfriend to stop imagining things because it will never happen. He wasn’t man enough for me. Now, if you have nothing more to say, you may leave. I’ve got more productive things to do.”

“It’s good that you’ve clarified things for me. At least, we won’t be having problems on our wedding anymore,” she smiled devilishly and walked out of the office. I wanted to run up to her, grab her by the hair, and throw her out of the window, but I tried to control myself.

Somehow, her last words echoed inside my head. At least, we won’t be having problems on our wedding anymore. Those words brought a certain amount of pain inside me.

I didn’t know it’s gonna happen so fast. I found myself crying as I look through the glass window. I wasn’t looking at anything in particular. I only want to wander off my mind.

Suddenly, my phone beeped. I wiped away the tears on my face and looked at the message that just arrived. It was from Stephen.

We need to talk – 7PM at The Red Queen.

I thought it’s about time for us to talk in a civil way and have closures on whatever we may have.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: