Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 40

“Are you crying? Why are you crying?” it was Aaron. I called him and told him that I’m going to be a little late because of the traffic. He was already waiting for me at The Red Queen, the restaurant where we decided to meet.

“It’s complicated. I’ll talk to you when I get there,”

“Alright. Drive safely, okay?”

“Okay, I will. Thanks.”

After thirty minutes, I reached the place and got inside The Red Queen restaurant. The restaurant has two areas, one ground floor and one mezzanine. It was quite classical. Aaron called me from upstairs, so I hurriedly went up. When I got there, I went to him and hugged him. He hugged me back. I cried so hard. He brushed my hair.

“What’s wrong?”

I didn’t answer him. I just cried. That’s all I wanted to do.

“Hush, now. Come here, sit down. Let’s talk,” he pulled a chair for me and made me sit down. He grabbed a chair and sat beside me. He tried to comfort me by holding my hand.

“It was Stephen,” finally, I found the courage to speak up.

“What about him?” he curiously asked.

I sobbed and cried again. I was having a hard time talking because I was broken inside. Something was tearing me apart.

“H-he got Reese pregnant,” I covered my face with both hands and cried. Aaron hugged me again. He caressed my hair as a sign of comfort.

“So, this is the client you’ve been talking about?” I was surprised to see Stephen standing behind me. I didn’t know he followed me on my way to The Red Queen. He suddenly grabbed Aaron by Aaron’s collar and hit him in the face. Aaron lost his balance and hit the floor. I pushed Stephen far from Aaron so that the commotion won’t last long.

“You bastard! Never touch Nikki again!,” Stephen yelled at Aaron. I approached Aaron and helped him get up. His upper lip was bleeding. I looked at Stephen in a very mean way and went to him.

Slap! My hand landed on Stephen’s face. He was shocked, I could tell.

“How dare you?! Go away! I never want to see you, ever again!” I shouted him at the top of my lungs. He was puzzled but left the place without saying any word. I went back to Aaron.

“Are you badly hurt?” I asked him.

“No, it’s okay. It’s barely a scratch,” he forced a smile.

“I’m sorry for what happened. Let’s go to my place so I could give you medicine.”

“Alright,” Aaron didn’t refuse. I really felt sorry for him for what happened.

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: