Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 24

I lifted my face and looked at him puzzled. He stared at me and lowered his face. He tried to kiss me, but I stepped back.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Who are you? I want to know who you are and what you want from me.”

“What’s wrong sweetie?” he tried to get near to me but I moved away.

“Tell me who you are. Tell me how you knew this place,” he walked towards me but I still stepped back.

He stopped, but he never said anything. He just looked at me. His expression was blank. I could tell he was trying to find a way to explain things to me.

“How did you know this place? How did you know the significance of this place to me? Answer me! How did you find out about me?” my consecutive questions to him, yet I didn’t get any answers.

I paused. A thought struck me. I was in awe, and then I spoke.

“You can’t be? No way. He’s long gone already. It can’t be you. You can’t be Jazz,” I started to tremble. My legs were shaking. I was slowly turning weak.

He just stared me. I was anxiously waiting for his answer. I was filled with so much anticipation that I yelled at him.

“It can’t be you! He’s gone!” I didn’t want to use the word ‘dead’ because it still hurts me. “You’re not Jazz! Tell me who you are!”

“I’m Stephen”

He finally spoke.

“I knew a lot of things about you, yet you don’t know anything about me. I didn’t lie about my name… and yes, I am not Jazz,” he paused. He lifted his head as if he looked at the starry skies.

“Then how did you know about me? And how did you know about all of these things?” I was still puzzled.

“Because I am his cousin! I am his closest cousin!”

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: