Monday, October 25, 2010

The Greatest Sin of Falling in Love in a Bar 52

The last time I saw Nikki was in the supermarket. That was also the last time I’ve heard from her. Though three days had already passed, what happened in the supermarket was still fresh in my memory.

I had already told her how much she means to me and how much I love her, but it was too late already. She already knew about my ‘unwanted’ wedding with Reese… and she’s also pregnant with Aaron.

How I wished she’d know that I never want to marry Reese. I wished she would know that I am marrying Reese because I was told she’d kill herself and the baby if I won’t marry her. There are a lot of things going on in my mind right now. I should’ve fought for Nikki. I could have not lost her if I did. I have a lot regrets right now.

Suddenly, my phone rang. It was an unregistered number. At first, I was hesitant to take the call, but after a while, I took it.

“Hello. Who’s this?” I asked the person on the other line.

“Hey, bud. We need to talk. This is Aaron,” revealed the person.

“What do you want?” I asked in a casual voice.

“It’s about Nikki,” he sighed. I suddenly felt nervous. My heart was pounding.

“What happened to her? Is she alright?” I asked. I got worried after I heard her name.

“Just meet me at Hidden Haven tonight at 7,” said Aaron. He then hung up.

I felt uneasy after the call. I wanted to know what happened to Nikki. I was feeling totally uncomfortable. It’s nerve-wracking. I tried calling Nikki, but she was out of reach. It frightened me more.

I left the office early because I know I won’t be able to finish anything at such state. My emotions were all mixed up.

At 6PM, i was already at the Hidden Haven. I took a seat in front of the bar.

“Scotch. On the rocks,” I told the bartender.

Somehow, the drink made me calm a little. Things were juggling in my mind. I looked around to make myself busy while waiting for Aaron to come. There are quite a couple of people inside the bar. It has become more popular since its first opening. My eyes caught a couple, talking not so far away from where I was. Suddenly, a certain memory flashed inside my head.

It was where I met Nikki and talked for the first time. I was looking at her from the bar, where I can see her at full view. I examined her because she looked exactly the same with the girl I saw at my cousin’s funeral. It was the girl I unconsciously fell in love with. Fortunately, I was right. She was the same girl I saw at the funeral.

On the same night, I had her in my arms. We made love for the whole night. I was happy to have her, but I was also scared of the fact that she was Jazz’s ex-girlfriend. Somehow, I started to feel the pressure of telling her about my relationship with Jazz. She was surprised to find out.
From then on, I promised my late cousin, Jazz, that I would take care of Nikki one day, but that day was already gone. I felt lost.

After awhile, I felt somebody tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was.
It was Aaron with my best friend Mark. What were they doing together?

…to be continued

PREV ----- NEXT

No comments: